top of page
The first covenant members of First Baptist began meeting in 1913 under the leadership of Pastor Prentice (1913-1914) in the schoolhouse on South Forest Ave; the occasion, the first calling together of Baptists in Avon Park for the purpose of organizing Baptist work in the community. Since then, the church has continued to influence the community through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to carry on this gospel legacy laid down by our first covenant members by remaining centered on the gospel of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Click here to read more from our centennial celebration about our rich gospel legacy.
bottom of page